Friday, February 10, 2012

What Would You Say to a Younger You?

If you could go back in time and meet the younger you what would you say?

Would you tell the younger you different things if you met them at 19 or 35 or 50?

If I could go back and meet Mike Collins at 19 I'd tell him two things: First, if you're going to go to college go to class. If you just go to class you can make B's. Needless to say, I did neither the first time through. The second thing I'd tell me would be...you're going to run into people who are older and wiser than you and it'd be a good thing to listen to them instead of thinking you know everything.

If I met me at 35 I'd tell myself to get more serious about saving money, relationships and writing.

If I met me at 50 I'd tell me the same three things I would have told myself at 35.

It's taken a decade more to listen to myself and I'm still not doing as good a job as I should.

What would you tell you if you could go back?

Are you telling yourself the same things today?

Are you listening?

How long will it take you to get the message?

Have a great weekend! See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment