Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chewing Through the Restraints

Yesterday seemed filled with friction. It was one of those days that, as a friend of mine would say, “It seemed that the best thing that happened was that I was able to chew through my restraints.”

But, I ended the day sitting outside on a wonderfully cool, pre-spring night looking up at the stars. When I walked in the house I felt a thousand percent better.

I keep a set of binoculars next to the back door and on nights like last night I’ll sit in a chair, pick out a particular star and check it out. The amazing thing is to see how many stars can’t be seen with the naked eye but they pop into view with binoculars or a telescope.

Life is like that. We often get so focused on what’s causing the squeakiest wheel, the hottest fire or biggest problem and we miss the beauty around it, or the new opportunity, or the obvious solution.

Best to take a step back, look around and collect your thoughts, and then move ahead.

What’s catching your attention right now? Do you need some binoculars to see what might be hidden?

No comments:

Post a Comment