Friday, March 9, 2012

I Think I'll Call In Stupid Today

Throughout the South today millions of dollars in productivity will be lost because people will be watching and listening to the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament. Or, as we simply refer to it, The Tournament.

Tens of thousands of fans would do better to just call in “stupid” today and not go to work.

My Tar Heels play Maryland at noon. I’m recording the game because I have to be a grown-up and get some things done. I’ll hope I don’t see a score and then watch it later in the afternoon or early evening.

Using technology to make our lives easier and more enjoyable is one of the wonderful things about living in today’s society. Like millions of people I record a couple of TV shows I like and watch them when it’s convenient.

But, there are still lots of folks who don’t take advantage of the available technology to make their lives easier and more productive. A basic problem is simple ignorance; they either don’t know the technology exists or they know but don’t know how to use it.

It ain’t that hard…learning might take a little time but the investment pays dividends from then on.

Make your life easier. Learn one new thing on your cellphone or computer each week. It doesn’t have to be complicated and drawn out. If you don’t know how to set the alarm clock on your phone, learn that first. Then, learn how to set the timer so the alarm goes off in 15 minutes. You can use that tool to get more organized.

HOWEVER, NONE OF THAT IS AS IMPORTANT AS KEEPING UP WITH THE TOURNAMENT! AND DON’T TELL PEOPLE YOU’RE NOT INTERESTED! EVEN IF YOU AREN’T! THE COMMENT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A DISINTERESTED DOPE!

mmmmm….sorry….got a little out of hand there…have a wonderful weekend…if you aren’t interested in The Tournament I can tell you that reruns of “Cat Poop: The Gardner’s Friend” is on the Home and Garden network all weekend. Watch that.

GO HEELS! BEAT EVERYBODY!

See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment