Friday, March 2, 2012

Light Me Up!

Last weekend a guy down in Havelock, NC was at a party, picked up a drink and took a big swig. The glass was filled with gasoline.

He spit the gas out but unfortunately got a lot of it on himself and his clothes.

A few minutes later he walked outside, lit a cigarette and set himself on fire.

You have to believe that alcohol represented a large part of the entertainment the party.

Now, I’d never find amusement in someone doing something that stupid…well…almost never.

But, ya gotta believe that if the guy was half-way smart or half-way sober he’d connect the outcome of combining the gas smell (himself) with fire.

We all do things in life that, in retrospect, we ask, “Why in the world did I do that?”

You just have to hope what you did isn’t so stupid that it takes you out.

If you want to read about lots of folks taking the last train home by doing something stupid simply Google “The Darwin Awards.”

And if you’re at a party this weekend and drinkin’ and smokin’…be careful

See you Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Say it wasn't so? Did that incident really take place? Did that guy really lite up a cigarette after spilling gasoline on himself?

    It's funny and it's not.
    Keep the stories coming.

    ReplyDelete