Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SPPRROOIINNGG!! Spring is Here!

Don Martin was an artist for Mad Magazine for over 30 years. He’s the guy who created words such as SPPRROOIINNGG! FLOOOFF! PUHTAANNNGGG!!! to characterize sounds.

This morning when I walked out to get the paper I heard SPPRROOIINNGG!. Spring is here!

We may get a cold snap sometime after this week but for right now the trees are budding, my bulbs are blossoming, the grass is greening and it smells like spring.

I had missed it until this morning. Some life challenges have taken most of my attention so I’ve had my head down and have been pulling against the weight and missing what was going on around me.

I totally missed the whole “spring forward” time change last weekend and didn’t realize it until I had left the gym on Sunday and heard it on the radio.

It’s easy to let life overwhelm us to the point that we miss LIFE.

Take a moment today. Slow down just a bit when you go outside. Look around. Take a deep breath.

Your senses will probably go, PUHHTAANNNGGG!!!

And, that’s a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful day it is! Sunday I slept in until almost noon. I'm going to blame that on the time change.

    ReplyDelete