Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Buzzed My Head

I’ll turn 60 on Thursday and realized that some ridiculous, outrageous gesture had to be made.

So, I buzzed my head.

I’d been thinking of doing it for awhile and I needed a haircut and thought, “What the hell?”

When I sent a picture to some friends their responses ranged from a lot more humorously obscene than just “What the hell?!!!” to serious questions about my sanity.

My mother really doesn’t like it. She’s used to seeing me a certain way and any big change doesn’t agree with that image she has of me.

And that’s the point.

Every now and then you need to shake things up. You don’t want to screw up so dramatically and badly that you can’t recover, but making a change can give you a whole new outlook on life…and on the people who encounter you and supposedly know you.

The best response was from a wonderful friend who said, “Hey, you look stupid. But, it’ll grow back.”

What could you change today just for the fun of it?

2 comments:

  1. Photos! We need photos! Just make sure you tan that thing up before snapping a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, where is the picture of your head looking like a cue ball?

    ReplyDelete