Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Tale of Two T-Shirts


Yesterday I walked into my post office and two guys standing in line were wearing T-shirts that attracted my attention.

One guy was wearing a Grumpy (Seven Dwarfs) shirt and the other had “Do I Look Like I Give a Damn?” on his.

The guy in the Give a Damn shirt was holding a child’s hand.

The sight yesterday could not have given me a better opening for the seminar I’m presenting this morning: Mean Is Not Good: Dealing With Difficult People in the Workplace.

I realize the shirts were probably either worn in fun or the last clean thing they had in a drawer, but the messages create a less than positive impression in a world where we all need more positivity.

What impression, through what you wear/how you look/your facial expression and body language, are you putting out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment