Friday, June 15, 2012

Into the Wild

Going camping tonight.

I'll jump out of a plane in a skinny minute, but my idea of roughing it is having to wait 20 for room service or getting up to change the channel on a television.

And it isn't that I'm scared of the animals, mind peeing outdoors (actually, that's one of the attractions) or can't get cell phone service where we'll be.

The issue is that I won't be in control of most of the time.

If you aren't in control of a situation there are two things you need to do:

First, do some simple planning. I'm taking about 12 gallons of Off!, a flyswatter and a baseball bat (depending on the size of the critters) and enough beer to solve the hydration problem.

Second, relax and simply flow with the situation. Nothing lasts forever, so sooner or later it will end and you can make a decision about what effect the experience will have on your life.

Some folks can't get out of their comfort zone long enough to find out if there is another zone they'd like to add to their lives.

Wish me luck. I'm not going to Outer Scratchyourbuttistan, but I won't be at a Marriott. If I make it back from the wilderness I'll report on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. getting in touch with your inner Daniel Boone are we?

    ReplyDelete