Friday, June 22, 2012

Vacamacation!!


Yesterday was my last seminar for the season. I’m on vacation now for about 6 weeks. I friend of mine used to call it Vacamacation. I love that!

A bunch of the time will be spent working on other projects but I’m planning on being about as worthless as a person can be for a few days before I get started on the other stuff.

The problem, though, is that I’ve found that when I slow down it’s difficult to get back up to speed after time off. It happens after summer vacations and after the holidays.

I’ll promise myself that I’ll jump right back into projects and seminars with the same wide-open energy I have in the middle of the seasons, but it never works that way. It’ll take me two weeks to get back up to speed.

The trade-off is to keep working a little bit on a variety of things, but then it never feels like you’re really on vacamacation.

Knowing your work style helps keep you at the height of productivity. Here’s what works for me: Be worthless for a few days and then keep my hand in with new and ongoing projects during week while I blow it out on long weekends during the vacamacation period.

What works for you?

PS….and a vacamacation is supposed to be just that…down time…don’t turn it into another job…try to have some fun.

Have a great weekend…see you Monday….even on vacamacation I’ll still see you every workday…it’s a way for me to keep up with all of it.

1 comment:

  1. Blog ticklers about your seminars next season. I t will keep you tones, stretched, conditioned & ready for football and seminar time!

    ReplyDelete