Friday, July 20, 2012

Hot As Blue Blazes


Wherever you are in America it’s probably hot.

Not just summer hot, but real hot, damn hot, Affikka hot as a friend of mine used to say.

My grass needs mowing and I’m not getting out in the heat to mow it and I’m not going to mow it early in the morning because it’s…well…early in the morning and I’m still kinda on vacation…so there.

Folks in the lower latitudes have the right idea; in the heat of the day you slow down, ease off, maybe take a siesta.

That might be good advice in life. When the heat’s on maybe the thing to do is slow down a little, look around, get a better handle on the situation and then act.

Or, you could just do what I do…shed clothes. That’s right, I’ve found that the fewer clothes I wear, especially when it’s hot, the better I feel.

That might also be good advice for life; when you get agitated, stressed, wound up and strung out…start tossing off clothes.

Shoes first.

I promise you’ll feel better.

Stay cool and have a great weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Makes one appreciate the man who invented A/C, but not as much as the men who repair A/C in the middle of summer

    ReplyDelete