Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Plan B


AC is still not working.

106 degrees this afternoon.

I rent my house and love it, but the owners see it as a cash cow and have done little to maintain it so the AC dying is not a surprise. My next door neighbor told me that whoever lived in the house had had problems with the AC for a long time. The heat wave we are experiencing made it work so hard it died.

Luckily, I have a Plan B that covers where I can work, sleep, hang out; so I’m not like the unfortunate people who have to sit and stew where they are when something like this happens.

A close friend of mine works in an industry with a lot of ups and downs, it’s like playing musical chairs. I’ve asked him, “What’s your Plan B if your company changes and the music stops and you’re left standing?”

His answer, “I don’t have a Plan B.”

Take a second to look around at your professional and personal life. In your personal life look at relationships and health.

Do you have a Plan B in each of those areas?

The music’s playing all the time. No telling when it might stop.

1 comment:

  1. The AC stops for all of us at one time or another & a Plan B is about assuring a quality of life if not for those around you, but for yourself, unless putting your head in the sand is your Plan B.

    ReplyDelete