Thursday, October 4, 2012

Which Way, Kimosabi?


I’m sure it’s just me, but I’ve seen another sign that the Apocalypse is close.

No, it wasn’t the debate last night. And yes, they could have put one of those coin-operated fortune-telling machines in moderator Jim Lehrer’s chair and it would have had about as much effect.

The sign that our civilization is on the fast train to Hellsville is this: Disney is producing a new Lone Ranger movie and Tonto is being played by…Johnny Depp.

Now, you have to understand, I like Depp. His take on the pirate in the three Caribbean movies was great, especially since he used Keith Richards as the model (no kidding, he said it).

But, puhleeeeze…Johnny Depp as Tonto?!

Jay Silverheels has got to be spinning in his grave.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    I think I may be the first person besides you to visit this website.

    '83

    ReplyDelete