Thursday, November 1, 2012

Be a Fighter Pilot for a Moment

Fighter pilots call it "situational awareness," checking out your environment and situation and then making a decision. All of us have times in which we are not as good as we should be at situational awareness.

Take this morning, for instance. I'm speaking at the Workforce Development Conference at the Sheraton Koury Center in Greensboro. I came downstairs and spent $12 on a muffin and milk for breakfast. For $12 they ought to have someone feeding it to me while wearing a Lady Gaga outfit.

Then, I walk upstairs to the conference area and realize they have food...for free. And yes, on my conference materials it said, "grab and go  breakfast."

Situational Awareness.

I was not aware enough of the situation in which I found myself.

Do you need to slow down and look around at work...in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment