Friday, November 16, 2012

Leaves, Leaves Everywhere


Like a lot of folks my yard is…was…full of leaves this time of year.

I don’t mind raking leaves. It’s a great calorie-burning activity and if there is one thing I need to be doing on a regular basis it’s burn calories.

This morning I heard a leaf-blower going in the yard next door and looked out the window to see a kid pushing my neighbor's leaves to the curb.

A friend said, “I bet if you give that kid $20 he’ll clear your yard.”

Right now I’ve got a ton of things going on and don’t have time to do the leaves so I gave it a shot…and he did it! He’s finishing right now.

Are there tasks you need done but your time is better, and more profitably, spent doing other things?

Can you delegate, delay, not do or pay someone to complete the tasks?

Don’t be so quick to assume that you have to do everything.

How much is your time worth?

Knowing how much time is worth to you in money or time (the time to do what you like has a value) is a good thing to know when making decisions.

Fundamentally, time is your most important resource. So, sometimes it makes more sense to get someone to rake your leaves, clean your house, wash your car, cook your food or watch your kids than for you to do it. This isn’t about some sort of elitist lifestyle, it’s about making the best use of your time.

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment