Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Angry Birds, Really?


From what I hear today is the 3rd anniversary of the creation of the video game, Angry Birds.

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ve never played Angry Birds. But, it’s had over 12 million downloads from the Apple app store and over a billion downloads across phones, iPads and other tablets, desktops and other platforms. All the activity makes it one of the most popular games of all times.

According to Wikipedia, “Angry Birds has been has been praised for its successful combination of addictive gameplay, comical style, and low price.”

The phrase I found interesting was addictive gameplay.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking… “Yeah, those people who play video games are wasting precious time they could using to get something useful done!”

Mmm….how much time did you recently spend of Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest or…well…you get it?

So many of us spend time doing things other than the productive activities that would make our dreams come true.

And, I’ll take my hit on that. I have a ton of things I need to get done and I’m looking for ways to keep from doing them.

Why?

1 comment:

  1. In a wired mobile society we have become obsessed and intoxicated by moving nowhere at the speed of light while forgetting that moving slowly toward any goal is timeless for personal & professional reward.

    ReplyDelete