Friday, December 7, 2012

Help Our Heroes


Yesterday, I had the honor and privilege to speak to a group at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School at Ft. Bragg; smart people, focused, and great senses of humor.

 After the program I walked through the Special Forces Hall of Fame. Looking at the pictures of warriors going back half-a-century, reading some of the Medal of Honor citations, and watching young warriors walk the halls was humbling.

As I told the group, “The fact that I can travel to Fayetteville from Raleigh, not armed, not fearing that someone would try to harm me, and knowing that no one would stop me and ask for my ‘papers’ is thanks to you and the millions who came before you and made our country safe.”

Today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor.

The only ways we can repay those who have sacrificed so much for us is to support them in their efforts, support their families, and care for them when they come home.

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment