Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away..."


Yesterday is one of my favorite Beatles songs.

But, we’ll let yesterday, things that have happened in the past, dominate our thinking, our worries and our focus.

This past weekend, in an interview on CBC Sunday Morning, Warren Buffett said, “I don’t think much about the past.” That’s good advice from one of the most successful business men in our country’s history and one of the world’s richest people.

LOL!!! Let’s quote Jamie Farr, the actor who played the role of Klinger on the legenary M*A*S*H* television show. When Farr played Sheik Abdul ben Falafel in the comedy movie Cannonball Run II he tore his rearview mirror from the window of his Rolls Royce, threw it aside and exclaimed, “I am not concerned about what is behind me!”

Not bad advice.

1 comment: