Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rent Free In Your Head


I’m a quote hound. I love to collect them. Quotes are like Jimmy Buffett’s comment about clichés: “They say what they mean and mean what they say.”

A friend sent me a bunch of this quotes this morning. This one jumped out at me immediately: Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent free in your
head” – unknown

I’d love to be able to say that I love all people…but, I don’t. I’d love to be able to say that I haven’t let some people get under my skin…but, I have. I’d love to say that I’m mature enough to let some offenses go…but, I’m not. I’d love to say that I can easily get them out of my head…but, I can’t.

I hadn’t thought about how they stay in my head rent free until I saw this quote. I immediately understood that I can figure out a mental game to play with the thoughts that helps me release them.

Who do you have living in your head rent free?

No comments:

Post a Comment