Friday, March 22, 2013

She Wasn't Happy With Me


This week I had a situation in which a person did not have a happy encounter with me.

(And the encounter has helped me tremendously.)

She had made a commitment to me and I had gone out of my way to be sure I could offer the assistance she requested. She neither honored the commitment nor appreciated the assistance.

I didn’t blow her up. I simply told her that everything in life is a lesson and that the situation was a lesson in making a decision about what was important in life. She immediately had a series of excuses about what happened. I told her that I certainly understood that we all have lives and things happened but that in the vast majority of cases it all comes down to making choices.

She didn’t like it.

I’ve spent the last couple of days using the situation as a mirror. I’ve asked myself, “What are the choices I’m making that create the life I have?”

Please note the question: I’m NOT asking myself, “What are the choices I HAVE made that create the life I have?”

Increasingly, I’m not interested in what’s in the rearview mirror. I can’t change that.

Now, I’m focusing more and more on what’s happening today and the choices I’m making. Those choices affect today and the future.

What choices are you making? What type of day and future are you creating?

Have a great weekend…enjoy March Madness…see you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment