Monday, April 15, 2013

Lincoln, Titanic and Wi-Fi


Today, April 15, is the anniversary of the death of President Abraham Lincoln and the sinking of the HMS Titanic.

I felt like I was on the Titanic at the end of last week when my computer Wi-Fi connection crashed…and to have it happen on my birthday was doubly difficult. Thanks to friends for so many wonderful wishes, just wish I could have responded on that day.

Talking to AT&T about the problem was like talking to someone from Mars.

(Does anyone see a pattern in customer service blogs for me?)

The problem seems to have righted itself and that’s scary because you have to wonder if it’ll pop up again. But, you have to be thankful for small, and big, blessings.

I started thinking about the blessings issue this morning. A broken Wi-Fi connection is not even thinkable compared to something like standing on the deck of the Titanic and watching events unfold. Be thankful.

Lots of folks hate Mondays. We should be thankful we have the day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment