Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Delete for 1 Minute


Yesterday one of my seminar attendees mentioned that a colleague would NOT leave the office at the end of the day if she still had emails in her “In” box. I was stunned.

I’m pretty good about deleting emails and getting my “In” box down to a manageable number but I still have waaaay too many emails in there.

So, here’s what I’m doing: When I sit down at the computer to work I spend 1 minute deleting unwanted emails and then I move on to my work. I’ve been amazed at how the number of emails is dwindling! I’ve set up some folders into which I dump some of the emails I need to keep for background info or to work on.

Just seeing that number of emails in the “In” box get lower is a wonderful reward.

How many emails do you have in your “In” box? Let’s do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment