Monday, May 13, 2013

Not Just "No"...But, "Hell No!"


People who try to do too much are usually running short on a couple of things: Anticipation…and the ability to say “No.”

I get it that some of you are saying you’d be able to get it all done with a little help. But, that’s a case of not anticipating what has to be done and doing some planning about getting the help you need.

Slowing down just a tad enables you to look out into the future and see what’s coming at you. At that point you can determine what really needs to be done, what you can delay, what you can delegate and what you might be able to shelve completed.

As for saying, “No.” There are lots of ways to say, “No.” You might say, “I want to give you a 100 percent but right now my plate is full and unless you can help me get some things off my plate I won’t be able to help you.”

Or, you could just say, “Not just ‘No,’ but ‘Hell No!’”

Go to Amazon.com and simply search the phrase, “Say No,” and you’ll find a ton of resources that can help you say “No” without feeling guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment