Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th?? Are You Sure?

It's July 4th and we should remember that things are rarely as they seem…our independence was not declared on July 4th.

The Declaration of Independence is dated “July 4” but most historians agree that the declaration was made on July 2.

And yes, that may seem like a case of being a little too picky. But just think, our country has celebrated its independence for about 237 years on July 4 because that’s what it said on a piece of paper.

I’m not saying we should change our celebration date. I’m saying we should all look at our lives and ask, “Are there habits I’ve developed simply because someone told me that was what I was supposed to do?”

Sometimes the habits help us. Sometimes they hurt us.


Have a great July 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment