Monday, September 30, 2013

Think About It

Whenever I talk or write about the fact that most people think thinking is hard work so they don’t do it I wonder how many folks are turned off?

I can hear’em, “That Collins guy is such a jerk!”

Believe me, I’ve been called worse…much worse…by people who are bigger, meaner, richer, smarter and more intimidating than the people who might yap at and about me.

But, the only way you can get where you want to go in life is by thinking. Recently, speaker and author Brian Tracy talked about two types of thinking: Type 1 and Type 2.

Type 1 thinking is what we do almost all day, every day.  Type 1 thinking is fast and jumps around to many different topics.

Type 2 thinking is much slower, deeper and more focused. Type 2 thinking is what we have to do when we are planning and making important life decisions. Setting aside some time each day for Type 2 thinking is a key to a successful day and successful life.

A friend from long ago taught me that if you spend about 20 minutes at the beginning of each day doing some Type 2 thinking you accomplish much more than you might have and it’s easier to stay focused on important tasks.


If you’re unfamiliar with Brian Tracy you need to know about him. Try this short piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz21oAEXE5k

No comments:

Post a Comment