Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hey, Just Look Around

On Sunday a friend and I went bike riding. We stopped for a few moments to talk with an acquaintance who was walking her dog.

After about a minute I noticed an irritating feeling on my right ankle. When I looked down I saw that fire ants were covering my shoe and foot up to my ankle and were headed north.

Yikes! I had plopped my right foot on a fire ants colony!

I pride myself on having at least a reasonable sense of situational awareness but I didn’t see the ants when we stopped to talk.

You can’t see, hear, touch, smell or taste everything. Sometimes you have to experience life and adjust on the fly.

However, if you cruise through life without being at least reasonably aware of what is going on around you you can’t complain about the consequences.


Anyone know how to deal with the itching?

No comments:

Post a Comment