Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Handling Those Orphan Files

A friend asked about the changes I was making to be more productive.

“What did you do to your computer? Make it run faster?”

No. Let’s be honest. For most of us our computers run as fast as we need them to. If yours exhibits and uncharacteristic slowness you should check to see if too many “cookies” or other system factors are slowing down your processing.

Now, I’m not smart enough to tell you how to do that.

What I did to be more productive with my computer was filing or deleting all those “I’ll just drop this document here and come back and do something with it later” files.
I had a screen and document file full of bits and pieces

 So, I started doing five or eight at a time. Filing or deleting them as appropriate. When I was watching television I’d do them during a commercial. In the office, after finishing a few I’d go back to working on a bigger project.


Handling a few of these orphan files at a time is getting me cleaned up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment