Friday, November 15, 2013

The Leaf Blowing Philosophy of Life

Which is the better strategy: Wait until EVERY leaf falls and rake/blow’em all up at one time, or rake/blow’em every day or once a week until all the leaves have fallen?

My neighbors are great guys and yard Nazis and they’ll be outside every other day with nuclear blowers pushing their leaves to the curb.

Earlier this week I raked/blew my leaves ‘cause I didn’t want to be the neighborhood sluggo who pulled the neighborhood attractiveness grade down by having a bunch of leaves in my yard.

And it just about killed me. A few days ago I wrote about manhandling the blower as I stood atop my ladder so I could blow the gutters clean. My arms ached for the last few days from swinging the blower back and forth. I am not in the running for Yard of the Month so I may be in the market for someone to do that stuff for me.

Not to mention that the day after I did my neighborly duty a storm came up and blew tons of leaves down so now my house/yard looks EXACTLY like it did before I cleaned up.

But, I digress.

What’s the difference in waiting until all the leaves fall and raking/blowing, and doing it every other day until all the leaves have fallen and been cleaned up.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Bupkiss.

Think about this as The Leaf Clearing Philosophy of Life: 80% of the time it doesn’t matter how you do things as long as you reach the goal you’ve set. Only 20% of the time does style matter.


Have a great weekend…see you Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I feel this way about cleaning my house. The problem is my 'leaves' wont LEAVE the nest for another 10 or so years! and my husband well....we'll leave that one alone :)

    ReplyDelete