Monday, February 17, 2014

Chipping Away at the Boulder

For the past year I’ve been working on a major project and last night I completed the biggest part of it. Almost as soon as I’d finished it felt like a ton of weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I was calmer, other challenges didn’t look so great, life seemed easier.

That’s the good part.

The less-than-good part is that while I sat out on the back deck congratulating myself I thought of the negative impact the stress caused by the obstacle has had on me, relationships and other life situations
.
A lot of the stress had to do with my procrastination. I kept putting off completing this big chunk simply because it looked so…big. But, by taking it one bite at a time I finished shortly before a self-imposed deadline.

While I have a lot of confidence that this new project will be successful it will be difficult to forget the cost.

Look around in your life. What’s slowing you down? What one issue, if you could solve/complete/deal with it, would make your life simpler/easier/happier?


Let’s be honest, we all have these obstacles. It’s just damned hard to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment