Friday, February 28, 2014

Keeping It Together

While teaching at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School at Ft. Bragg I noticed that all the young sergeants in my class carried with them a small, notebook with a camouflaged cover.

When I asked about it one of the leaders pointed out that the notebook was a standard issue meant to help the students stay organized and focused.

Do you carry anything like that? And use it?

I keep an artist’s sketchbook handy at all times. I wrote notes, make drawings, doodle and test ideas. I even keep a glue stick in my bag and sometimes tear ads, ideas and pictures out of magazines and pasted them in the sketch book for inspiration, motivation and reminders.

We’re all smart, but we can’t remember everything; that’s what the folks at Ft. Bragg realized a long time ago.

If you don’t have a tool to help you remember, pick one up soon.


Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment