Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Plan for the Best

We all know we need to make plans. In fact, I’ve preached that philosophy in one way or another in almost 1500 blog over the last few years.

But, yesterday at lunch a friend showed me a different spin on planning that’s truly valuable.

We were talking about getting older and he was telling me how important it is to have things to look forward to.

He pulled out the calendar on his phone and showed me a number of upcoming events, vacations, red-letter dates and fun excursions he and his wife have planned.

He said, “Whenever I see those things I know I have something exciting and fun coming up. They keep me positive and optimistic about the future. I never want to be one of those guys who believes their best years are behind them.”

Yes!

When I hear people say, “Those were the best years of my life,” I think, “Then why are you around still taking up space. Give it up and let someone else have a chance at your oxygen, maybe they’ll make better use of it.”

I believe my best years are ahead of me…

How about you?


Make a plan for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment