Monday, April 14, 2014

Heading Out of Port

On this date in 1912, at 11:42 pm, the RMS Titanic struck an iceberg in the North Atlantic and began sinking; over 1500 people died when the ship sank in the early morning of April 15.

On April 10, when the ship began its maiden voyage, it was the largest ship afloat and was considered unsinkable. No one could have imagined what would happen five days later.

 We rarely begin voyages of life planning to fail. But, staying in port is not really an option unless we want lives devoid of love, excitement, challenge and fun.

Over the weekend, as I appreciated all the birthday wishes (oh, did I tell you Saturday was my birthday <62>?!), I thought about the love, excitement, challenges and fun of the last few months, years and decades. There are some situations, people and decisions I’d consider changing, but if I did I might not have the moment in life I have now.

And this moment is pretty great.


Even understanding the challenges I probably would have still have headed out of port.

No comments:

Post a Comment