Thursday, May 22, 2014

A "Got It Done" Journal

Recently, I’ve started a “Got It Done” Journal. When I get things done during the day I write them down.

If you ever have one of those days when it seems like nothing is going right and you’re spinning your wheels the Got It Done Journal is a great way to look back and see that you DID get some constructive things done.

I list emails sent, sales and deposits made, meetings held.

If you’re operating at a fast pace it’s easy to forget you made an important phone call, scheduled or didn’t schedule a meeting or accomplished a task you had planned.

If you’re doing a To-Do List you can look to see if the item is crossed off, but I’m increasingly liking the Got It Done Journal because I’m writing notes and doodling ideas about some of the issues and looking ahead to how they might impact other things/people/goals in the future.


You might want to try the Got It Done Journal for a week or month to see how you like it. Go to an office supply store and pick up a simple journal with a design you like (lined, unlined, graph paper design) and see how it works for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment