Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm a Bad American

I’m not voting in the primaries today.

So, just go ahead and say it, “Mike, you’re a bad American.”

Here’s my problem. I don’t know if I support any of the candidates. And why don’t I know?

Because in today’s society the main way I can find out about them is to see their ads and the fear-based, negative advertising turns me off. I’m turned off to the point that I don’t want to know anything about them.

I’d run for office just to give myself an alternative but I couldn’t pass the background check.

The scary thing is that there are probably people worse than me running for office but they’ve figured out how to fake or hide their records. (That’s a half-true joke so don’t get cranked up about it)

I do vote in the major elections because I believe that if you don’t vote you don’t get to complain and complaining about elected officials is something I’m really good at.


 If you’re voting today, God Bless You….unless you’re voting for someone I don’t like.

No comments:

Post a Comment