Monday, June 9, 2014

Congratulations to Parents of Tony Winners!

The Tony Awards were on TV last night and I always love the energy of the show.

It isn’t that I’m a big Broadway guy, the closest I get to Times Square or 42nd Street is seeing a play in Raleigh or Durham once every couple of years.

But, every time I watch the show I think of the thousands of parents and millions of dollars invested in providing kids the opportunities to be involved in theatre/dance/singing lessons. In fact, it’s always great to see how many Tony winners thank their parents for supporting them.

You have to have the same respect for parents who provide kids with opportunities to play sports or participate in computer clubs.

I’m not a big believer in pushing kids to get involved in recreational/creative activities because the parent wants it to happen, but if a kid shows an interest it’s a good idea to try and give them a shot at seeing where the interest takes them.


It’s apparent that, for the folks on the Tonys, their interest has taken them to stardom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment