Friday, June 13, 2014

I've Just GOT to Have That!

Yesterday, a friend helped me jump into The Cloud.

Having your information stored somewhere other than on the computer sitting on the desk in front of you is a scary thing! I can hear my friend. He’d immediately say, “Well, you don’t have all your banking information on your computer, it’s on the servers at the bank.” I get that, but it’s still scary.

However, working with him through the afternoon got me thinking about how much “stuff” I really need and want…and I’m realizing that the list is pretty short. Like most folks, there are a few things I wear most of the time, I’m ok with sitting on the same couch and chairs, I eat a lot of the same stuff.

When it comes to information, though, I like a lot of it. But, I’m satisfied with being able to get most of it digitally. So, that starts cutting down on how many papers, files, books and magazines I need.

How about you? I get it that you don’t really mean it when you say, “I just couldn’t LIVE without those pearl strawberry seed tweezers Aunt Martha gave me!!”

But, what do you really need and want? I’m betting the list is a lot shorter than you’d guess a first. Wouldn't this be a good weekend to spend some time paring down/throwing out/repurposing some stuff?

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.


PS…this is National Beef Jerky Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment