Friday, July 18, 2014

Trouble on the Horizon



Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Network is on on Sirius Radio in my car about 90% of the time.

This morning I was listening to “Trouble on the Horizon” and I started asking myself, “couldn't that title suggest a negative approach to life,” which you wouldn’t think, it being Jimmy Buffett and all.

And no, for you Parrotheads, I'm not saying Buffett doesn't have a wonderfully positive outlook. Just me thinking.

But, I went from that to thinking, “what if your attitude was, ‘Fun on the Horizon,’ or ‘Happiness on the Horizon?” That sort of focus would seem to create a feeling of positive expectancy, wouldn’t it?

And, if you could have that attitude most of the time wouldn’t it kick out a wide range of positive impacts on mental and physical health, relationships and work outcomes?

Check out your horizon. Even if you see challenge coming how can you put a better, more positive spin on’em?

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment