Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I'll Figure Something Out

One of my potential clients is running into a couple of obstacles that need to be overcome before we can do a seminar. Yesterday, I received an email from the person in charge of the logistics and she told me not to worry, “I’ll figure something out.”

You’ll what? Am I reading that right?

“I’ll figure something out.”

How refreshing is that?! 

Too often people spend most of their time telling you why something won’t work, can’t work, never will work…and oh, by the way, I’m on break in a few minutes

“I’ll figure something out.”

Recently, I read a management piece that said managers don’t want to hear, “What do you want me to do next?” They want to hear, “Can I try this?”

“I’ll figure something out.”

Initiative, or lack of it, is clearly one of the biggest issues in the workplace today. I hate to sound like an old dope, but the most frequently heard complaint (deserved or not) by managers about Millennials is the lack of initiative.

“I’ll figure something out.”


I’m thinking about printing the phrase in big letters and framing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment