Thursday, May 26, 2016

Gittin' In to Fit In

Earlier this week I was in a convenience store. As the clerks bounced from one register to the other another guy and I were jockeying around trying to figure out which clerk and which register was working.

We were both laughing as we shifted back and forth and he said, “I’m just trying to git in where I fit in.”

When he said it I had one of those moments in which I thought, “Don’t forget that, it’s important.” In fact, I followed him outside, found out his name is Greg, and told him that I appreciated the thought and would use it.

Aren’t we all trying to do that…git in where we fit in? We want to be in relationships, work, fun situations in which we are welcome, loved and appreciated. 

The other side is to spend a lot of time trying to fit in where we can git in. Too often, we settle for less than we deserve because we believe something ought to be the reality when, in fact, it just doesn’t work. 


I’m not saying we shouldn’t aspire to greater than what’s just comfortable. But, why make life harder on yourself than it is anyway?

1 comment: