Thursday, August 18, 2016

Boogie On for Better Brains

Ok, so it’s Thursday in my world and probably in yours. The weekend is close, but still a day away for most of us. If you live where I do, near the coast of North Carolina, it’s hot as blue blazes right now…and God Bless the people who have to work outside.

So, how can you get a little bit of summertime, a little bit of joy, a little stress-reducer right now? Music on youtube.com . As soon as you finish reading this you need to go to youtube.com and play some music. 

I’ve spent part of my morning using youtube.com as the background for my work. So far, I’ve hit the Moody Blues (Question), Gene Chandler (Does She Have a Friend for Me?),  Nickleback (Just to Get High), Billy Joel (You’re Only Human) and a bunch of others.

Now, you’re smart folks so you know that music affects us in all kinds of ways.  It affects a wide variety of areas of our brains which I will not go into unless you want to spend the rest of this blog reading phrases like “dorsolateral frontal cortex,” which…I’m just sayin’…make MY brain hurt.

But, the fact that music can instantly put us somewhere great in our minds (and the cool thing is that part of our brain actually thinks we are there) is such a miracle…and we can access it anytime we want…come on!!! That’s about as cool as it gets!

And, right now, we could use some cool.

So, I’m clicking on the soundtrack from Happy Feet and watching the penguins dance to Boogie Wonderland.

Stay cool!


If you think this blog has value please Like it and pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    Music is powerful, but we need more cowbell my friend!

    https://vimeo.com/55624839

    Lentz

    ReplyDelete