Tuesday, July 18, 2017

FOCUS to FUBAR

I’m a sucker for a good acronym. I like the catchiness of them and they are great learning tools.

The modern military is probably the institution in society that pushed the use of acronyms in order to simplify communications. Good examples are, AAD—Anti-Aircraft Defense, and DARPA Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (the people who create the Star Wars stuff we see now)…and everyone’s favorite, FUBAR (Look it up).

Everyday use of the internet, especially cellphones and texting, has kicked out BFF (Best Friends Forever), BTW (By The Way) and POS (Parents Over Shoulder…or, well…there is that other one)

One of my favorites is LUCK…Laboring Under Correct Knowledge.

Not long ago I ran into FOCUS…Follow One Course Until Successful!

If it’s true that we encounter answers/people/situations when we need them my encounter with FOCUS could not have happened at a better time. I’m in the middle of wrestling an octopus in life and I had gotten into a habit of trying to deal with too many arms at one time. 

Soooo, I’m starting to FOCUS on a couple of specific areas using one strategy and I’m seeing success—slowly, granted, but still, some success beats the chasing-my-tail, time wasters I was stressed-out about in the recent past.

Try it…Follow One Course Until Successful (or, until you see that that course just won’t work)…FOCUS.

If you believe this message would help someone else, please pass it on.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I wear so many hats in my business that I find myself starting one project in one room, leaving to pick up something in another room , getting caught up in that project from yesterday, eventually heading back to other room, meanwhile phone is ringing, customers coming in, and some days I feel at breaking point or wanting to throw the towel in. 65 is not what 55 was like. My energy and lastitude are not what they used to be. And I procrastinate over the jobs that I know will take more time than others and I just keep getting further behind. Got a solution for that one, Mike? I suffer from NEHITD. not enough hours in the day. Shouldn't I be enjoying life a little more these days? It is the Autumn of my life...the last chapters...the bucket list check off? You are a wise man, show me the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such good and valuable information on Workday Online Training Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete