Friday, September 1, 2017

Bump! Bump! Bye!

A couple of days ago a friend called to tell me about a good event in her life. She was about two minutes into the tale when I heard a couple of bumping sounds. She calmly said, “I’ve just been in a wreck. I have to go now.” 

My friend is fine, the folks in the other vehicles are fine and she only has some easily-repaired damage to her front bumper. However, the whole thing could have been much worse….and, avoided. 

Even though she was using a hands-free phone she was driving in traffic and distracted. 

Reading some of the information coming out of Houston I’m not amazed at reports of people texting in evacuation traffic, pulling over to shoot selfies with flooded buildings in the background, and other ridiculous actions.

I don’t have to tell you that this is Labor Day Weekend. The National Safety Council estimates that 438 Americans will die on the roads during the next 4 days. 

I’m sure you’re a good driver and smart person…but, everyone else out there isn’t. 

Stay alert, stay off the phone and stay alive.


Have a great Labor Day Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Some guy ran into the back of me last year going over 35 miles an hour. The people behind him said he never put on his brakes. He was on his phone. New car, $1500 worth of damage. Yes, please put your phone away. If the call is important, you can always pull over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete