Too often this is life. You're walking around in the yard thinking, "I've got to get the heck out of here, but how do I get through the gate?"
Maybe one or more of these 10 attitudes are fencing you in:
1. Negative thinking...you're standing on the porch looking at the back of the gate and thinking, "I bet the damned gate is locked!"
2. Giving up too soon..."Every time I want to do something there's a gate I've got to go through. It's just too much trouble."
3. Living in the past...."The last time I tried to leave the gate was locked."
4. Self-limiting behavior..."I've never tried to open a gate like that before."
5. Negativity..."Even if I get out of here I bet there's nothing fun to do once I'm outside."
6. The Blame Game..."It's Their Fault for putting a gate up in the first place!"
7. Resisting Change..."The gate used to open the other way...(sniffle) BUT THEY CHANGED IT!"
8. Honoring Others' Priorities Over Their Own..."I should probably wait until everyone else wants to leave."
9. Doubt Their own Instincts..."I bet I could just walk right through that gate! Naaah, that would never work."
10. Search for the Easy Answer..."You know, I bet I could just walk out of the yard without going through the gate." (Amazing how often that works!)